SUMMER SCHOOL – MASTERCLASS WITH CHRISTIAN LOCK: CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACTION; NEW ELEMENTS AND HYBRID FORMS
$505.00 inc. GST
2024 Summer School
Lecturer: Christian Lock
Mon 15 Jan – Wed 17 Jan
9.30am – 4.30pm
Level – AdvancedChristian Lock is a renowned South Australian artist with international recognition and extensive teaching experience. His work is included in various national and international collections including, Artbank, Art Gallery of South Australia & prestigious private collections. In this Masterclass, students will explore a range of contemporary approaches to abstract painting. Participants will learn how to navigate their way through the compositional process to create a resolved abstract painting. Students will gain a deeper understanding of the rich language of abstraction from the historical modes of Gesture, Geometry and the Biomorphic, through to the new elements and hybrid forms of Contemporary Abstraction. Students will be working on multiple paintings each day taking an experimental approach to the materials and processes of painting, working towards a minimum of one resolved painting each day. Materials list:
- Minimum of 6 canvas boards to work on, Mont Marte 45.7cmx45.7 Canvas Panels are fine, feel free to bring stretched canvases of varying sizes especially if you would like to work on a larger scale on days 2 and 3.
- Oil paint and acrylic paint, a minimum of primary colours (yellow, red and blue) and black and white in both, warm and cool colours (yellow, red, blue) in both if you can if you can afford it.
- Brushes -some stiff bristles, some soft, some wide house painting brushes
- Odourless/low-odour fume mediums (Gambin Solvent-Free Painting Mediums recommended)
- Two small clean containers with lids
- Non-toxic solvent (Gamsol or Langridge Solvent 75 recommended) or baby oil for cleaning brushes
- Painter’s masking tape.
Out of stock